POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Massive Scene Files : Massive Scene Files Server Time
6 May 2024 04:49:15 EDT (-0400)
  Massive Scene Files
From: Brandanbrot
Date: 19 Aug 2003 14:20:01
Message: <web.3f42694e93d3cd1f2bb6ab5a0@news.povray.org>
Hey All:

I've looked through the FAQ and help files for mac povray, but I have yet to
find an answer to a minor issue.  I'm using povray to render three
dimensional fractals generated by a perl script, which means that some of
the scene files I'm trying to render are nearly half a gigabyte in size.

Povray has been trying to open the last file for about four continuous
hours.  Is there a theoretical limit to the size of scene files that can be
rendered?  Or is this behavior normal with massive scene files?

Sincerely,
Brandan

Mac Povray 3.5 RC1
OS X 10.2.6